Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You better work it Wolfpack!!

At the Deese house we are 100% Wolfpack fans so when my mother in law asked me to make an NSCU birthday cake for one of her coworkers I was thrilled!! This howling devil's food cake was topped with a white butter cream icing.

As much as I would love to claim that this was done freehand, I can't...at least not completely. I used a print out to stencil an outline on the cake to guide me. From there I just piped red, white and black butter cream icing from the middle out.

The birthday boy not only graduated from NCSU but is also enjoys working on cars and what do you need to work on cars? TOOLS!! I stuck with the basics: a flat head screwdriver, a wrench and a hammer.

Each tool was cut out of gumpaste and luster dusted to look like metal. The handles on the screw drivers and hammers are made out of fondant, making them look like plastic handles.


These sinfully amazing red velvet cupcakes are paired with a cream cheese icing.


The whole time I was making these all I could think about was the hit TV show Home Improvement with Tim "the tool man" Taylor and his trademark grunt!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Keep up the wonderful work! You're amazing at what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete