Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Queen of Coupons


What do you give the queen on her birthday?! A Coupon Cake of course!! This cake was for one of my mother in law's coworkers. If you haven't guessed it already, she is the queen of clipping coupons and saving money! Hearing stories from my mother in law about what the queen buys and saves makes me wish I had the time to clip coupons but lets be honest, I'm a full-time mommy, wife, maid and chef...not to mention my 40hr work week :) oh yeah and my slight obsession with making beautiful sweet treats...haha I've got plenty of time on my hands! But enough about me...lets talk cake...

This devil's food cake was topped with a butter cream icing and smoothed by hand. The accessories on top of the cake were make of colored fondant. The scissors on the sides of the cake were made from gum paste and were my absolute favorite creation to date.

You can't tell from the pictures but everything has a little sparkle! The scissors turned out absolutely amazing, but unfortunately the picture does not convey it's awesomeness :)

The coupon queens birthday just happens to land on the LOVE DAY so I made these special cupcakes to go along with her coupon cake. Per the queens request, the cupcakes were chocolate on chocolate with sparkly pink hearts on top.

Nothing says Happy Birthday or I love you like a Simply Sweet treat :) All hail the Queen!!




No comments:

Post a Comment