Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rockin' to the music!

What better way to celebrate another year of life than with a little Rock & Roll!? A super sweet friend from high school asked me to help make her daughters 12th birthday party extra special with some music themed goodies. They say nothing soothes the soul like music but nothing says Happy Birthday like a piano cake and cupcakes adored with music notes!



To top off those ivory keys, I made these sparkly pink guitars in the shape of the number "12".



And to make sure that the cake wasn't the only one rockin' at the party, I made these quarter notes and beamed notes to top each of the cupcakes (I think that is what they are called...it's been a while since I played in my middle school band...yes I was a band geek...fortunately I wasn't any good hence why I don't know my music notes).




Everything on the cake and cupcakes were edible (except for the straws I used to anchor in the 12) and were made out of gum paste.



All the colors were inspired by the birthday invitations which were quiet possibly the coolest invitations I have ever seen! Her mom did an outstanding job!



I must say that nothing makes me happier than to see the look on my clients faces when they first see what I made specially for them. The excitement in their eyes makes all the sweat and hard work I put into my creations beyond worth it. It's amazing the things you can create with a little imagination, a steady hand and an incredibly patient and loving husband!

1 comment:

  1. And they were AWESOME!!!!! I have to admit the cake and cup cakes look great in the photos ~ but it does not even compare to how amazing this stuff looks in person!! I had so many compliments about how fabulous they all looked and how great they all tasted! I will be using Chelsea for ANY baking needs I have and she will come highly recommended as well!

    Thank you again Chelsea for helping add flare to my daughters 12th birthday! It is such a big year for us and her with it being the last year before becoming a teen and I could not have done it without you! Thank you again a million times over!!!

    ReplyDelete